who we are
SAVE A LIFE CANCER AWARENESS AND SUPPORT NETWORK is a non-governmental organization with the passion and determination to raise awareness on breast and cervical cancer though educating women, young girls and the general populace on its signs, symptoms, preventative strategies, importance of routine screening and treatment with hope that greater knowledge will lead to early detection of the disease.
In recent years, the increase occurrence of cancer in young women at its late stages often leads to death. A woman can develop breast cancer at any age, but the risk increases as a woman grows older. When a breast tumor is found in its earliest stages, a woman has better than 90% chance of long-term survival. Much progress has been made in treating breast cancer nowadays. Many women no longer lose a breast or even their life to this disease. Today’s generation of women has a better chance of surviving breast cancer and leaving a happy, active lifestyle when the disease is detected in its early stage. Finding breast cancer as early as possible is most important.
Hence, our mission to spread the cautionary phrase, “Early Detection saves lives” Our programs are designed to highlight the importance and methods of detecting early symptoms of cancer so that our Mothers, Sisters and Daughters can be well alert of this disease.
Some of our programs are tagged:
EARLY DETECTION SAVES LIVES
KNOW THE SYMPTOMS
YOUR HEALTH IN YOUR HANDS
KEEP THE HOPE
I AM A SURVIVOR
TRUTHS AND MYTHS OF CANCER IN THE NORTH, amongst others.
To localize awareness campaigns and information dissemination aimed at ensuring grassroots understanding of the importance of early detection of Breast and cervical cancer amongst women.
To nuture a society where ignorance of cancer is eliminated and to drastically reduce the mortality rate of cancer in our women.
Our values and attitude guide how we treat women with cancer and how we work as a team to achieve our goals and objection and in the long run our vision. We do this by living the following values:
- Comfort: We provide support, understanding, and care to women in other to make the journey easier for them especially those in the rural areas.
- Inclusivity: We honor and embrace diversity from different women in our community.
- Empowerment: We help in empowering poor women who are cancer survivors in other to let them know that there is life after cancer after all.
- Integrity: We are open, honest, trustworthy and ethical in our interaction with our sponsors, partners and supporters.
- Innovation: We are constantly trying to innovate new ways of creating awareness in other to make our women understand its importance.
- Teamwork: We are passionate about what we do and strive to achieve our goals together as a team.
- Personalized: We tailor everything to meet the needs of each individual
- Vibrancy: We are positive, fun loving and dynamic.
All Rights Reserved. Content may be used for non-commercial purposes provided that full and clear credit is given to SAVE A LIFE CANCER AWARENESS AND SUPPORT NETWORK with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material for commercial purposes without express and written permission from the SAVE A LIFE CANCER AWARENESS AND SUPPORT NETWORK is strictly prohibited.